Created 4-Sep-12
Modified 4-Sep-12
Visitors 13
8 photos
Pikesville Volunteer Fire Company Squad 322 was first-in at a working fire early Friday morning, September 23. While returning from a fire call in Randallstown and a carbon monoxide detector call in Milford Mill, at 6 a.m Squad 322 and other Westside Baltimore County fire units were alerted for a reported dryer on fire in the laundry room at the Springhouse of Pikesville nursing home facility on Reisterstown Road (Fire Box 19-11). While units were enroute, Baltimore County Fire Dispatch upgraded the call to a full fire box, putting additional resources on the road. Squad 322 arrived with nothing showing, followed shortly by BCoFD Engine 19 (Garrison career). On the second floor, firefighters encountered fire and smoke conditions and the Squad crew assisted BCoFD Engine 2 (Pikesville career) with hose deployment and performed search and rescue on floors 2 and 3, set up exterior lights, controlled the sprinkler system, and checked for fire extension. E19 & E2 crews were able to contain the fire to the room of origin. Residents on the second floor were evacuated, while residents the third floor were sheltered in place. The building sustained fire, smoke and water damage to floors one and two.

Categories & Keywords
Category:
Subcategory:
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords: